2 GPUs NVIDIA RTX A2000 GPUs installed in Manjaro, but only the first GPU outputs are displayed

I installed to 2 NVIDIA RTX A2000 or A4000, using Manjaro Linux Distribution, to connect 8 displays. Occurs that only first GPU send signal to the TVs.

The secondary GPU was correctly recognized after driver installation. The commands nvidia-smi and inxi -G, shows correct informantions about 2 GPUs, and I can check it in nvidia-settings.

First, I tried to use linux66-nvidia but didn’t works so I attempt to use nvidia-dkms but it didn’t works too.

I’ve already tried to set xinerama and basic mosaic, but it didn’t works.

I searched another solution, and I found a solution to set nvidia-drm.modeset in grub file, but it didn’t works.

Someone have the same issue? Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.

1 Like

This is the nvidia bug report log for checking as requested.

Thanks.

nvidia-bug-report.log (1.6 MB)

Please delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf and set kernel parameter nvidia-drm.modeset=1. After reboot, run
xrandr --setprovideroutputsource NVIDIA-G0 NVIDIA-0 && xrandr --auto
to enable the outputs on the second gpu.

1 Like

Hi.

I tested steps you sent and it works great.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I have one more doubt.

I tried using 3 GPUs (same GPUs), but one of them doesn’t have signal.

There are another step to solve it?

That’s a whole different issue, I don’t think triple-prime is supported in any way. You could try running
xrandr --setprovideroutputsource NVIDIA-G1 NVIDIA-0 && xrandr --auto
additionally but I don’t expect that to work.
You would then have to reconfigure Xorg for Nvidia Mosaic.
This requires removing the kernel parameter nvidia-drm.modeset=1 and also checking that no file in /etc/modprobe.d or /lib/modprobe.d contains it so that after reboot

sudo cat /sys/module/nvidia_drm/parameters/modeset

returns “N”
Then create /etc/X11/xorg.conf only containing

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BusID          "PCI:1:0:0"
    Option         "SLI" "Mosaic"
EndSection

Don’t know whether a quadro sync card is required for that or only when wanting sync’d monitors. Also your board needs to support this.

1 Like

I guess it is very strange, because it works using Windows.
All 12 screens have signal in this case.

I will check this steps, and I will report it in this post.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.