2x USB 3.0 on Jetson TK1

I would like to have two USB 3.0 interfaces on the Jetson TK1 platform each providing ~900 mA power. Is there a solution to connect one USB 3.0 port via PCIe interface or any other options?

Can you use a powered USB 3.0 hub?

Yes, powered HUBs will solve power delivery issues. I’m not sure if the mini-PCIe slot (PCIe x1) would handle the full 5 Gbit/s of USB3…certainly it would not handle a dual port USB3.

I’ve been using:

Syba 19-Pin USB 3.0 Header Mini PCI-Express Card with Female USB 3.0 Cable SD-MPE20142[url]http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WN7SQA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/url] which gets power from the Molex power connector. Be aware that it does “hang over the side” of the Jetson board. I haven’t really checked the speed or power to be honest.

Thank you for helping me. USB hub is acceptable, however we are very limited in space and we need only 2 ports, but most of the hubs have 4 or more, so they are too large. Anyone knows the hub with 2 x 3.0 USB?

Kangalow suggestion seems to be fine, but who can tell me that we get the full speed of USB 3.0?

We have the same issue: any news on the suggested device? How come is it in the offical page of Jetson still marked untested?

Any news on the bandwidth? It’s difficult to get it in Europe, so we’d like to avoid to wait for nothing.

Thanks!

It would probably be easiest to just purchase one of the mentioned mPCIe USB cards and test. Is there a specific USB issue you could describe for a more specific question?