32-bit CUDA development on Vista 64?

I have been trying for some time to get CUDA installed with Visual Studio 2008 (Standard Edition), SP1, without success so far. The OS is Vista 64, but I want to create 32-bit code. The error is:

‘cl’ is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from “Compiling with CUDA Build Rule…”

I have an installation on XP (32-bit) that seems to work.

Help?

Thanks.

I have been trying for some time to get CUDA installed with Visual Studio 2008 (Standard Edition), SP1, without success so far. The OS is Vista 64, but I want to create 32-bit code. The error is:

‘cl’ is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from “Compiling with CUDA Build Rule…”

I have an installation on XP (32-bit) that seems to work.

Help?

Thanks.

Try to change dir bin to bin64 in your cuda toolkit directory. You need to install 32 bit version of toolkit. I was very angry on this, cause I need to to develop 32-bit application on win64 too. Need to ask NV developers.

You can compile 32-bit apps on 64-bit toolkits now–use the -m32 flag.

Hi im new to cuda, i’m using windows 7 64-bit and i have the GT240. i am having troubles using the nvcc such as nvcc fatal and cl.exe cant be found in PATH and so on, so bottom line can you please list for me from A to Z all the necessary applications and drivers and all that i need in order to start compiling .cu files and CUDA…
thank you!

Did you install cuda toolkit and cuda computing sdk? What version of it?

yes i installed cuda toolkit 3.0 and gpu computing sdk 3.0 since my card version is 197.13…

I renamed bin and lib directory in toolkit to bin64 and lib64. Cuda3.2 should support 32 bit compilation for win7 64 bit systems. Also try to ask on vista subforum.

the 3.2 does not support my NVIDIA card version, only cuda3.0 does…

alright thank you

you need new drivers to support cuda 3.2