I have noticed various instabilities with 378.09 driver on Kubuntu 16.10 x86_64. For example:
- Make sure you don’t have the __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS environment variable set.
- In Steam client, go to “Deus Ex: Revision” store page.
- On the page, video automatically starts playing. Press the fullscreen icon.
- Steam client crashes.
This is not specific to “Deus Ex: Revision”, I just picked it because that’s where I first reproduced it. Basically, this happens on any video I tried.
The crash does not reproduce with either:
- 375.26 driver
- 378.09 driver and __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 set in /etc/environment
Other instabilities I’ve seen (on 378.09 without __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS) include:
- Some windows or panels occasionally stop being updated or get much less frequent updates than they should. I’m using KDE, so the problem is probably affecting kwin and/or plasmashell.
- In QtCreator 4.2.1, I’ve occasionally seen hover-on tooltips having garbled contents (i.e. corrupted texture instead of text). This probably means Qt is affected.
- Firefox 51 has completely hung on me once, when I pressed rightclick mouse button to display a context menu. The menu got drawn, but I couldn’t interact with it or the main Firefox window. I was able to interact with other applications at the time and had to kill Firefox.
These issues happen occasionally, I don’t have any fixed steps to reproduce them. I can tell though that I’ve not seen these problems with 375.26.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (260 KB)