We released an update to the 3dsMax Omniverse Connector.
The highlights to version 102.1 can be found here, as well as a link to the docs.
- Added 3dsMax 2022 support
- Added MDL Distiller
- Can Load MDL render context materials into 3dsMax and have limited display in viewport
- Can create omniverse MDLs and assign them inside 3dsMax
- Added Support for opening usd files that have usd shade graph generated be Create
- Limitation - changed values on these material nodes may not work with save USD / Live USD.
- Added USD Python Bindings
- Additional Vray support for export
- Added embedded mode support for all VRay Materials.
- No version up material names on repeated exports.
- VRayFastSSS2 correct units.
- Improved bump amount matches better with VRay.
- Forcing pure gray materials when VRay version check fails.
- Improved lag in some Live sync conditions
- Improved material export of native materials
- Fixed Embedded MDL failure for AEC project
- Embedded MDL on by default, script command available to control it.
Updated documentation here