4G LTE modem (M.2 key B) for Jetson TX1

Hi All,

Do you have any experience with 4G LTE modem M.2 key B working with Jetson TX1?
For example:

• Sierra Wireless EM Series 4G LTE modem M.2 key B
  • Huawei ME906 LTE M.2
  • or else M.2
    If so, please send any comments.

Thanks

Hi MrZet,

There was no 4G LTE modem M.2 device tested from our side, but we have validated Intel Wi-Fi card on M.2 PCIE port on TX1 and it works, hence I thought other M.2 devices should also work if their linux-firmware and driver packages have been installed well.

Please keep in mind that even with the linux-firmware and driver packages installed, you will probably also need the user apps to make them work with.

Thanks

Hi MrZet,

We don’t have M.2 key B port on dev board, thus we can’t do further validation.

You may need to such kind adapter(see [url]娇妻在厨房被朋友玩得呻吟,亚洲av日韩av永久无码夜夜摸,丰满人妻一区二区三区视频53,韩国r级无码片在线播放)
But I don’t find the exact one for Key.E to Key.B.

Another approach is to fly the wires. It should be workable for SDIO I/F of LTE module.

Thanks

Hi MrZet,

After some research I have determined that the choice of M.2 Key B was a poor choice for the development board. Unfortunately there are several incompatible M.2 standards:

http://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/M2ConnectorBrochure201412181.PDF

The DEV board contains an “A/E” key. This is only supported by a few WiFi Cards, which are of very little value. The LTE cards with M.2 use “B-key”. Besides the difference in key location and board clearance, the “B-Key” supports USB-2/3 and audio. The A/E key M.2 does not support USB3 or Audio. The newest LTE M.2 cards all have a “B-Key” and according to manufacture documentation, use the USB3 connection (support more than 300Mbps). Therefore the problem is more than wire - the “A/E” M.2 slot type does not have the required signals.

It is too bad the DEV board was built with the “A/E” slot since it have very little application - The two slot types that are actually fully supported with third-parties cards are the “B-Key”, for LTE and the “M” or “B/M”, which support SSD cards. The best slot would be a “B-Key” with enough mechanical clearance for “M”. That supports most SSD and LTE cards.

Jeffery

1 Like

Hi Jeffery,
As you can read in my first post - in my design of Jetson TX1/TX2 Carrier board I am using the M.2 key B modem (i.e. Sierra Wireless EM Series 4G LTE modem),
so from my perspective that decision was perfect - because modem works properly.

Hello,

Has anyone been successful at integrating a Sierra Wireless EM Series 4G/LTE Modem on the TX2 via a M.2 key B connector ?

Kevin

Don’t know about the particular device, but the M.2 slot on the dev carrier board is key E, so key B wouldn’t work on that slot even if drivers are correct.

There are carrier boards with M.2 B slots. The developer kit has an E slot, but I am not trying to integrate the Sierra Modem on the developer kit.

HI all,
Can we connect 4G LTE modem USB Dongle to Jetson TX2 ? Will it work, has anybody tried that?

I have not tried, but in theory, if this has a driver and if firmware is available (assuming it is required), then USB should not be an issue. As to specifics you may need to put that question out with specific models you’ve seen listed as being used with Linux.

I can verify that a Verizon 4G LTE Global Modem USB730L does work on a TX1/2. It does not NAT though, the IP is external that comes up on ethx. I need to check my notes to recall if I had to rebuild the kernel with cdc_xxx support for it though.

@dgoetz: Thank you for sharing.

Hi Nvidia Dev Team, Another support path of a hobby drone project for an AirPrime module can be found in the Sierra Wireless forums: https://forum.sierrawireless.com/c/airprime-embedded-wireless-modules/mc-em-series If you have an IoT project where you’re planning to commercialize a product then our inside sales team can introduce you to another support path to ensure you proceed quickly and easily to a successful prototype with our module embedded in the design. Please send me a private message if you have an IoT project which Sierra Wireless might be able to help with.

I have Jetson Tx1 development kit opened the box but not used. I had bought for a Project but the Project got cancelled. So I was not able to use this Kit. I am now selling this development kit of Rs 48000/-. (negotiable). Please contact me on email id as.k231216@gmail.com. You guys can call me or mail me for the recent pictures of the kit. It will be helpful if anyone needs it.