64-bit CUDA 0.9 driver 100.14.10 missing libGL.so

After installing the required driver 100.14.10 for 64-bit Linux (on two different machines) I found that the installation left the system with no libGL.so etc. CUDA works fine on both test systems, however without libGL.so they can’t run apps that are linked against OpenGL. I’m going to try copying a libGL.so from another test system and see if that can get me running, but this seems to be a problem with the driver installation or perhaps the driver install images themselves. Any tips are welcome.

Cheers,
John Stone

Please generate and attach an nvidia-bug-report.log from a system where this problem is present.

thanks,
Lonni

Lonni,
I’ve also filed it in the bug tracking system, but here is the bug report log…

Cheers,
John Stone
[attachment=3517:attachment]
nvidia_bug_report.log.gz (27.3 KB)

It appears that the 64-bit libs are there, but it is the 32-bit libs are the ones that are missing:

johns@praha.ks.uiuc.edu{159} ls /usr/lib64/libGL*

/usr/lib64/libGLcore.so.1 /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1

/usr/lib64/libGLcore.so.100.14.10 /usr/lib64/libGL.so.100.14.10

/usr/lib64/libGL.la /usr/lib64/libGLU.so

/usr/lib64/libGL.so /usr/lib64/libGLU.so.1

johns@praha.ks.uiuc.edu{160} ls /usr/lib/libGL*

/usr/lib/libGLU.so /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1

Yes, you’re correct. The ‘0’ graphics driver package (NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-100.14.10-pkg0.run) does not include the 32 (x86) OpenGL library.

Lonni,
Is there a simple workaround for this problem? We run both 32-bit and 64-bit code on the 64-bit machines, so it would be nice if I could get that fixed, even if it means copying files from a 32-bit driver or something along those lines. Will copying the libGL.so file from a 32-bit machine cure my problem in the short-term, or are these libraries more intimately tied to the device driver preventing that from working?

Thanks,
John Stone