A glitch in one of the camera rtsp streams result in crash the whole app

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
T4
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
BUG
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)

In my test, two of the 24 streams failed to play,.
The result is that all streams cannot be inferred,then the program exits.
I there was a glitch in one of the camera rtsp streams you would expect things to carry on running and not crash the whole app?

Please upload your deepstream-app config file.

test5_config_file_src_infer.txt (14.1 KB)

Seems the rtmp stream failed with error.We don’t have mechanism to skip rtmp error. Please check the code in bus_callback() function in /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream_app/deepstream_app.c

If you want special handling with error message, you can write your own code to handle that.

How do I reconnect a disconnected RTSP stream in bus_callback() function ?

Depends on the elements and pipeline state. States (gstreamer.freedesktop.org)

If the element state is NULL. You need to start from the begging. This is just gstreamer development skills, please refer to gstreamer sources.

I solved the program exit with the reconnection, but I found that bus_callback could not solve the problem of queue blocking .
For example:
When I have four streams running, one of them has a problem.
Batch size is set to 4.
Streammux will wait for the abnormal stream . But I want to skip the abnormal video stream, and the other three streams are running properly.

unlink_element_from_streammux_sink_pad can solve the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.