I want to update system,release 5.1 to release 6.0.
I came across two different documents, the OTA update through Debian package and image-based OTA.
Here are the links:
The Debian update is much more easier compare to image based method.My question is what is the difference between update through Debian package and image-based OTA? When we need to use the image based update?
hello happypumpkin2022 ,
just for confirmation,
did you mean moving from JetPack-4.5.1 to JetPack-4.6?
you can use image-based OTA on a device with rootfs redundancy enabled.
please also check this Customization session to apply the image-based OTA update solution.
Hi @JerryChang , yes, I wanted to move from JetPack-4.5.1 to JetPack-4.6
I needed to keep other files intact. I was able to do that using simple OTA update. I followed the following instructions:
To update to a new minor release
1. Open the apt source configuration file in a text editor, for example:
$ sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list
2. Change the repository name and download URL in the deb commands.
The original commands are:
deb https://repo.download.nvidia.com/jetson/common <release> main
deb https://repo.download.nvidia.com/jetson/<platform> <release> main
• <release> is the release number of the minor release you want to update to. For example, to update to minor release 32.2, replace r32 with r32.2. OTA updates to the latest point release of the specified minor release (release 32.2.1 in this case).
• <platform> identifies the platform’s processor:
• t186 for NVIDIA® Jetson™ TX2 series
• t194 for NVIDIA® Jetson AGX Xavier™ series or Jetson Xavier NX
• t210 for NVIDIA® Jetson Nano™ devices or Jetson TX1
For example, if the current release was release 32.4 and your platform was Jetson Xavier NX, the commands would be:
deb https://repo.download.nvidia.com/jetson/common r32.4 main
deb https://repo.download.nvidia.com/jetson/t194 r32.4 main
3. Save and close the source configuration file.
4. Enter the commands:
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt dist-upgrade
If apt prompts you to choose a configuration file, reply Y for yes (to use the NVIDIA updated version of the file).
5. Reboot your Jetson device when the upgrade is finished.
My question is what is the difference between OTA minor release update and image based update? When do we need to perform an image based update? Does image based update removes existing files?
Image-based OTA, which supports updates between versions with different partition layouts. for example, moving from Jetson Linux release 28.3 to release 32.7.
OTA update won’t removing user-space contents, however, you may back-up the APP partition files for your own use-case,
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.