A2F 2023.2 gRPC

Hello … I am currently in the process of controlling A2F in Headless mode using the RestAPI from UnrealEngine. Everything works correctly and I have no objections to that. The next step is to send audio via gRPC from ElevenLab in UnrealEngine to A2F. But here I encountered a problem even with checking the operation of examples written in Python… that is, what is in the subdirectory …AppData\Local\ov\pkg\audio2face-2023.2.0\exts\omni.audio2face.player\omni\audio2face\player\scripts\streaming_server.
I have installed Python 3.10, required modules grpcio, numpy, soundfile, google, protobuf, and … omni which is required in server.py … but when I try to run even server.py, there is an error that in the omni module there is no audio2face extension. But I can’t find such an extension anywhere using pip. I would like to note that I am not fluent in Python but in C++ and I don’t really know how to then install the audio2face extension to the omni module. I thought that the installation from the launcher would do it… but no. I kindly ask for help on how to properly run the audio streaming demonstration via gRPC in Python. How should the environment be configured for everything to work. Best regards

Are running the test_client.py from the A2F installation directory or have you copied it somewhere else? This sample script only works if run from the original installation directory.

I just tried using Python 3.12 and it worked. The only specific thing it asked was to install protobuf < 3.20

1 Like

Hello,

thank you for the information… and now it works:)

Indeed, the problem was with the version of protobuf; it defaulted to installing 4.25.1 instead of the required 3.20. It would be very helpful to describe exactly which versions need to be installed somewhere in the tutorials or documentation, provide installation steps in points, and mention that, for example, protobuf must be installed with the command <pip install protobuf==3.20>. Just to make life easier for other beginners who are eager to delve into the intricacies of this great program (because I really have tested various lip-sync systems and consider this one to be the best)…

Thank you very much for the tip that immediately solved the problem…

Best regards
Chris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.