AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name for all resources referenced in AppManifest.xml

Hey guys,
This might be a generic gradle issue (it usually is!), but I’m using a slightly older NVidia Codeworks project that has been upgraded to the best of my knowledge. Everything compiles and links just fine, but when we hit the resources it’s like it has no idea where to find them.

I looked at the original version of the project and there is nothing referencing the “res” directory path, etc.

Here is what I am getting:

1> Custom package for R class: ‘com.pcct.proj21’
1> Starting process ‘command ‘C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\aapt.exe’’. Working directory: D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android Command: C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\aapt.exe package -f --no-crunch -I C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-27\android.jar -M \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml -S D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\res\merged\release -m -J \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\generated\source\r\release -F D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\res\resources-release.ap_ --custom-package com.pcct.proj21 -0 apk --output-text-symbols \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\symbols\release --no-version-vectors
1> Successfully started process ‘command ‘C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\28.0.3\aapt.exe’’
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:69:25-44: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘banner’ with value ‘@drawable/bannerWTF’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:70:23-42: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘icon’ with value ‘@mipmap/ic_launcher’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:72:24-40: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘label’ with value ‘@string/app_name’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:77:28-44: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘label’ with value ‘@string/app_name’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:84:28-44: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘label’ with value ‘@string/app_name’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:108:28-44: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘label’ with value ‘@string/app_name’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:67: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘banner’ with value ‘@drawable/banner’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:67: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘icon’ with value ‘@mipmap/ic_launcher’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:67: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘label’ with value ‘@string/app_name’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:73: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘label’ with value ‘@string/app_name’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:81: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘label’ with value ‘@string/app_name’).
1>
1> \?\D:\Storage\PROJ_21\PROJ_21\Android\PROJ_21_Android\Tegra-Android\Release\PROJ_21_Android\build\intermediates\manifests\full\release\AndroidManifest.xml:104: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘label’ with value ‘@string/app_name’).

Googling this didn’t really turn up anything useful as most of the issues were spelling/missing files or other Android weirdness that does not match all of the files missing.

I am hoping this is trivial.

Thank you!

Matt

PS - I’m very sad that you guys are deprecating the software. This is SUCH an awesome way to build from Visual Studio.