able to flash drive xavier in normal mode, but not in recovery mode.

I was able to flash xavier in normal mode. but not able to do it in the recovery mode. I tried lsusb, it did show “nvidia corp” as below. I also attached the error information. It says Failed to bind Partitions!

I followed the way below to put the system in the recovery mode.
$sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB3
shell> tegrarecovery x1 on
shell> tegrarecovery x2 on
shell> tegrareset x1
sheel> tegrareset x2

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.
Bus 001 Device 013: ID 0955:7019 NVidia Corp.

22:04:08 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : SDK/PDK Installer and Flasher
22:04:08 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : Run ./pdkinstaller --help for usage information.
22:04:08 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel :
22:04:08 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : Initializing board and OS configuration to Autonomous Vehicle DDP Pegasus Hyperion-7.1 Linux Tegra AB
22:04:08 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : Manifest version 2.0
22:04:08 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel :
22:04:08 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : Processor found in ttyUSB3
22:04:08 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : Aurix port /dev/ttyUSB3 found. Fetching board revision from InfoROM …
22:04:13 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : Failed to bind partitions!
22:04:13 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : pdkinstaller cannot continue! Check the log file for details: /home/icommute/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_E3550/DRIVEOS/pdkinstaller/pdkinstaller.log
22:04:13 ERROR : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel :
22:04:13 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel :
22:04:13 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : exit status 140
22:04:13 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : [ Component Install Finished with Error ]
22:04:13 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : [ 16.00 KB used. Disk Avail: 287.38 GB ]
22:04:13 INFO : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : [ NV_FLASH_XAVIER_PDKFLASH_PARALLEL_COMP Install took 2m6s ]
22:04:13 ERROR : Flash Xavier A+B in parallel : Run commands failed at step Install: command cd pdkinstaller && ./pdkinstaller

Hi Phil.Chen,

Please refer to below topics and see if the information helps on your case. Thanks!

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1069440/general/flashing-drive_software_10-0_linux_os-problem/
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1056661/general/flash-drive-software-failed-on-xavier-e3550/

Thank you VickNV! May I know how to tackle the autorun mentioned by https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1056661/general/flash-drive-software-failed-on-xavier-e3550/?

I forget how it went through the autorun after DRIVE Software 10.0 installation and if it needs manual operation. Could you check if you can see the autorun window and make sure it goes through all steps? Thanks!

Eventually I was able to flash the module in the recovery mode after tried several times. I do not know why. One more question. After the flash through sdkmanager, do i need to go through each step as listed by the guide as below? The reason I am asking is that it seems like I am still missing some kernel files.

Flashing basecis…
Flashing customization…
Downloading kernel sources…
Compiling the kernel…

Thanks!

Could you let me know which guide you are talking about? Basically SDK Manager will get all things done.

Could you let me know what’s missing? Thanks!

Thank you VickNV for the prompt response!

for example, under /lib/modules/4.14.102-rt53-tegra/, I do not not have “build” file. I’ve been trying to install some sw. it gave me this error, /lib/modules/4.14.102-rt53-tegra/build: no such file or directory.

It seems your talking about things you mentioned in another topic (https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1070277/general/-lib-modules-4-14-102-rt53-tegra-build-no-such-file-or-directory/).

We are trying hard to save targetfs size and flashing time. I guess that may be with the same intention. dozens of megabytes saved at least?

yes. I will stop asking questions in this thread, and use the other one. Thank you VickNV!