About dtb compatibility between jetpack4.6.2 and jetpack5.0.1

Hello,

Can the dtb built in jetpack4.6.2 and earlier versions not be applied in jetpack5.0.1?
I was using the sd card slot with good activation, but when I designate the dtb built in jetpack4.6 in jetpack5.0.1 as FDT in extlinux.conf, the screen does not appear.

Thank you.

No able to work in jp5.0.1. Kernel version has been updated.

1 Like

Hello, @WayneWWW

I am trying to modify the kernel source of jetpack5.0.1 to activate the sdcard.
I don’t know which folder to edit the source in: galen, galen-industrial, or jakku. Can you let me know?
I think it was jakku in the previous version, but I’m confused because more has been added.

And in jetpack5.0.1, extlinux.conf contains a part that specifies dtb as FDT by default. I don’t think this was the case in the previous version, is that correct?

manager@manager-desktop:/boot/extlinux$ cat extlinux.conf
TIMEOUT 30
DEFAULT primary

MENU TITLE L4T boot options

LABEL primary
      MENU LABEL primary kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image
      **FDT** /boot/dtb/kernel_tegra194-p3668-0001-p3509-0000.dtb
      INITRD /boot/initrd
      APPEND ${cbootargs} root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyTCU0,115200n8 console=tty0 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0

The modified files and contents are as follows, and dmesg after applying dtb to the jetson emmc module is attached.

dmesg_jp501_sdcard.txt (81.4 KB)

Thank you.

1. It is still Jakku. Galen is for AGX.

2. And in jetpack5.0.1, extlinux.conf contains a part that specifies dtb as FDT by default. I don’t think this was the case in the previous version, is that correct?

→ Yes

1 Like

I don’t know you and your board. You better sharing the schematic and full dts converted back from dtb.

Not sharing me a small screenshot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.