About storage capacity

Hello,

Is it possible to cross-check how much capacity is left when all packages related to Nano are installed on the Nano module emmc (not included with devkit) through SDKManager?

In my case, I think about 1.1G is left.

Thank you.

This may not be what you want, but once the “Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/system.img.raw” file is generated (usually during a normal flash), you can check that. However, unless you use the command line flash.sh option “--no-flash”, then it will also flash.

A normal command line flash (from the "Linux_for_Tegra/" directory) for an eMMC Nano would be: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-nano-emmc mmcblk0p1`

A flash which generates content but does not flash:
sudo ./flash.sh --no-flash jetson-nano-emmc mmcblk0p1
(note the option “--no-flash”)

If you then wanted to flash using that image and not rebuilding it:
sudo ./flash.sh -r jetson-nano-emmc mmcblk0p1
(note the option “-r”)

This would produce file “bootloader/system.img.raw”. You won’t be able to estimate used space within the flash software, but you could see space of the raw image. To loopback mount this on “/mnt” and see its available space:

sudo mount -o loop /where/ever/it/is/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/system.img.raw /mnt
df -H /mnt
sudo umount /mnt

Note that extra optional packages (e.g., CUDA) are not part of that image until those packages are added to a running system. So there isn’t really a way to know what the final size will be after adding those components unless you add them to a running system.

1 Like

Through SDK Manager? I don’t believe so. Best solution is probably checking with a loopback mount as shown above by @linuxdev or running df -h on a running system.

Note that you probably want some free space (1GB conservatively) available for things like package updating. As on Windows, if the drive is full, things will break.

2 Likes