About TX2NX boot and eMMC

Hello, I have some questions about TX2 NX.

Continuing the discussion from About TX2NX boot:

1.If external devices are not used, will MB1, MB2 and CBoot be stored in Jetson’s embedded eMMC or Nor Flash?

2.Is there a way to check the MB1 authentication result by secure boot?

3.Which media (eMMC, USB, SSD, SD, etc.) can the a / b root file system be placed on?

4.Can MB1 be placed on different media?

5.How can I specifically use the mb1_recovery.bin binary? Do you have an instruction manual?

Best regards

Hi,

TX2-NX does not have QSPI NOR flash. Only emmc.

The rootfs A/B could be on emmc/nvme and usb. These interfaces are guaranteed.

Every bootloader components need to be in the internal media, which means the emmc for TX2-NX.

I am not quite sure what does that mean you want specifically use mb1_recovery.bin. How did you get a new mb1 recovery binary?

Thank you for reply.
I would like to know more about the “flash support, available as another mb1_recovery.bin binary” feature in theURL.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/bootflow_tx2.html

What about Xavier NX regarding the following questions?

1.If external devices are not used, will MB1, MB2 and CBoot be stored in Jetson’s embedded eMMC or Nor Flash?

2.Is there a way to check the MB1 authentication result by secure boot?

3.Which media (eMMC, USB, SSD, SD, etc.) can be used to place the root file system? Is it possible to place bootloader in multiple a / b?

Hi,

For you question (2), we need to check.

For (1), these depend on each platform. For example, TX2-NX does not have QSPI but NX has QSPI. When QSPI exists, MB1 will be on QSPI.

For (3), each of them can be used to put a rootfs. But bootloader can only be on the internal storage (emmc or QSPI).

Also, I am not sure what does that line in the document try to say since you end users are not able to create your own mb1 binary. These stuff are not public sources so please do not consider it at this moment. These are actually not “feature”. It is more like the role of MB1 which tells you what MB1 is doing.

Thank you for reply.
Starting with Jetpack 4.6, Xavier NX is capable of NVMe boot,but can the bootloader be placed only on the internal storage (emmc or QSPI)?

Only on the internal storage.

“NVMe boot” is actually “bootlaoder loads the kernel from NVMe”. But the “bootloader” is still on the emmc/QSPI.

Thank you for reply. I understand.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.