About UEFI boot logo and boot time

Hi, I’m looking for help with some issues.
First, my custom board uses the orin nano 8G module, R35.3.1, p3509-a02+p3767-0000.
I want to change UEFI boot logo and reduce UEFI boot time.
I replaced the logo (.bmp file) on branch nvidia-uefi-r35.3.1 and modified file NVIDIA.fvmain.fdf.inc, replaced the uefi_jetson.bin file in /bootloader. After reflash the module, it actually works.
Then, I want use the branch nvidia-uefi-r35.3.1-updates to reduce boot time(I learned from other topics that this branch can reduce boot time about 4 seconds.
I replaced the boot logo on branch nvidia-uefi-r35.3.1-updates in the same way. But, I reflash the bootloader and boot up, it’s a black screen when it should show the boot logo.
By the way, the kernel boots fine, I use the following command to flash the UEFI
sudo ./flash.sh --no-systemimg -c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml p3509-a02+p3767-0000 external
Is there something wrong with my operation or is there a bug in branch nvidia-uefi-r35.3.1-updates?

We only have r35.3.1-updates, and there is no such thing called r35.3.1 in UEFI branches
https://github.com/NVIDIA/edk2-nvidia/branches

What topics you are referring to?

Sorry for the unclear description.
I’m using branch r35.3.1-updates, and nvidia-uefi-r35.3.1-updates is just a directory name.
I referenced the following topic

So are you using the same branch in both attempts?

For the first time, I change the boot logo on branch uefi-r35.3.1, logo display is fine.
For the second time, I use the same way to change the logo on branch uefi-r35.3.1-updates, it was a black screen when the logo should be displayed.

你有聽懂我在說什麼嗎?
我說的是我們的UEFI repo只有r35.3.1-updates這個branch,沒有r35.3.1,所以你第一次用的到底是什麼東西?

第一次用的是以下仓库
edk2_docker edkrepo clone nvidia-uefi-r35.3.1 NVIDIA-Jetson r35.3.1
第二次用的是以下仓库
edk2_docker edkrepo clone nvidia-uefi-r35.3.1-updates NVIDIA-Jetson r35.3.1-updates

抱歉 我才发现没有r35.3.1这个分支 我拉取的代码可能有问题

感謝 我們的對話終於在同一個頻率上了
麻煩先確認你到底在哪一個branch可以成功

实在不好意思 我不确定成功的属于哪个分支 能帮我看看吗?
这是在成功替换logo的分支下运行edkrepo status的输出信息:
r35.3.1.txt (1.4 KB)
这是不成功的分支下运行edkrepo status的输出信息:
r35.3.1-updates.txt (1.3 KB)

你就把兩包code都刪掉 用r35.3.1-updates再試一次就好
我實在也不知道你的r35.3.1到底是哪來的

重新拉取代码后已正常,有时候简单直接的方法确实比较管用

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.