Activation of wakeable pin using Jetson‑IO

We need a wakeable GPIO pin to reactivate the Xavier while being in Deep Sleep (SC7).
As we don’t want to reflash our development kit, but have the Jetson-IO function available, we would like to do it that way.

The following pins are mentioned in the Jetson_AGX_Orin_Pinmux_Config_Template as possible wake up pins: 7, 11, 24, 26, 29 and 37 and are also available for configuration/activation in the Jetson-IO tool. (see below image)

Is it sufficient to just activate the function of one of those wakeable pins to have the wake function also active?
If not how can we do it using device tree overlay (DTBO)?

hello JanM,

may I know what’s the actual use-case,
please refer to Chipset Power States session. you may check the common wake sources available on Jetson platforms, which shows CAN isn’t included.

Hi JerryChang,

We want to mount the Xavier on a mobile vehicle as part of a proof of concept. The Xavier should be put in Sleep while the engine is off and back on when the engine of the vehicle starts again and this for power reasons. This mechanism is based upon a signal that we get from the engine running or not without any human intervention.

So, the main idea is that we implement this mechanism based upon a wakeable GPIO pin. The possible pins(see in first message: 7, 11, 24, 26, 29 and 37) I found in the spreadsheet Jetson AGX Xavier Series Pinmux v1.10 with column Wake Pin possible to change to Yes.

So the question is we can wake up the Xavier using one of these GPIO pins? And secondly we prefer not to reflash the complete Xavier development kit so planned to work with the Jetson IO expansion header tool to make the necessary config changes.

hello JanM,

these DIN pins are not marked as wake capable pin. so, these pins will not work.

Hi JerryChang, can you let me know which pins are wakeable pins? So I can see further what we can do.

please refer to Chipset Power States session. you may check the common wake sources available on Jetson platforms.

I guess you referencing to below overview. But this overview is only showing wake up sources which need physical user intervention. We are looking to wake up the control unit with an incoming high signal on a pin of the 40 pin header or other pin if possible. So the wake up could be completely automated without human intervention and only dependent on a signal from the engine of the vehicle being started again. How do you see this?

hello JanM,

I’ve check internally, this is not supported.

Hi JerryChang,

In the following topic it seems however possible to use GPIO pins as wake up source:

So not sure how to proceed.