Adding ssd storage on jetson nano

Hi,

Please always post the log as text file. It is not very easy to check log on image.
Dump the full boot up log please.

Also, are you using a custom carrier board?

I am very very like to post the log as text,but i cannot get the full log from the serial port,here is the serial log
cutecom.log (21.7 KB)
and you have to see the log printed on the screen,too .There is no way to get full log in any way ,we have to join them to get the full log.

and yes,we are using a custom carrier board because no scard slot in the standard nano main board uing emmc module.

Hi,

Please remove “quiet” in extlinux.conf and you will see the log in serial console.

i can get the serial log .but it’s not complete.could you find out the reason why kernel cannot find the sdcard device ?

Hi,

Hi,
Please remove “quiet” in extlinux.conf and you will see the log in serial console.

hi could you find out the reason why kernel cannot find the sdcard device ? the log i posted is complete.

Hi,

First, you cannot see the full log because your log is being silent by the quiet keyword. That is why I posted it twice.

Second, When you not mount rootfs on sdcard, will sdcard work fine ?

First ,i got it ,i will try it next time.
Second ,the kernel cannot get the device as you can see in the picture , no sdcard only emmc.mount can do nothing because no sdcard has been found.
two command “blkid” and “mount” has been run in the picture log.

Hi,

Second ,the kernel cannot get the device as you can see in the picture , no sdcard only emmc.mount can do nothing because no sdcard has been found.

Let me clarify it more clear. I mean “have you ever made any patch or change to your kernel and dts to make this sdcard slot work?” So that when sdcard is not root filesystem , you can still see the card being detected.

no patch or change have been made, Could you show me how to do it ?

Hi,

Then we are talking about totally different topics.

Please refer to these topics to add patch to your dtb first.

Please file a separate topic if you still have other problems.

OK , let me clarify it , we want to put the rootfs into sdcard ,so emmc can reserve more space.
you show us the method ,and we found the way doesn’t work because kernel cannot recognize the sdcard device.
I can give up the method , Just show me a feasible way to put the rootfs into sdcard and the nano can boot correctly.

Hi,

I think your are little bit stuck in a loop of your own thoughts.

Let me ask you a question first…
→ How does kernel configure and mount your sdcard for rootfs if you don’t enable the kernel driver?

This is the boot flow so far and how it gets error

bootloader->uboot load kernel from emmc ->kernel tries to load sdcard slot but the driver is not enabled because you don’t add the patch I posted.

It does not help if you just keep asking me the same question but don’t want to add the sdcard patch to kernel.

You should at least try to put rootfs on emmc first and then verify if sdcard could be detected normally. Then you put rootfs to sdcard and try.

If you just don’t want to do anything in kernel and hope it can work, unfortunately there is nothing I can help.

Yes , put rootfs into emmc can boot correctly, and sdcard can be mounted after user login.
So the method you offered has to add one step " Add patch to kernel to support sdcard ",right?

Hi

Yes , put rootfs into emmc can boot correctly, and sdcard can be mounted after user login.

This sounds like you already added this patch. Why do you tell us you didn’t add any patch?

So the method you offered has to add one step " Add patch to kernel to support sdcard ",right?

Yes, because actually NV does not have any nano carrier board that has both emmc and sdcard. So by default sdcard won’t work on custom carrier board.

It make sense you should at least let kernel able to detect sdcard on custom carrier board.

Yes ,you’re right, I try the jetpack 4.3 ,it cannot recoginze the sdcard autometically, I must saw sdcard auto mounted in our custom image. I will try the method using our custom image it already have sdcard drive in kernel i think ,Thank you ,i wiil feed back later ,Happy Dragon Boat Festival !

Hi,

I think I am the one that get confused… We don’t enable any sdcard driver for custom carrier board. If your sdcard can work, then it is definitely not a pure Image from NV.

Could you paste the full dmesg for us?