This topic contains information about all of the updates that we release for the Adobe Substance 3D Painter Connector + Extension.
Here’s a video that gives an overview of how it works:
We are pleased to announce the first version of the Substance 3D Painter Connector + Extension. The motivation behind this release is to provide creators with a way to interactively use Painter’s world leading 3D texturing and smart materials with USD meshes and MDL materials from Omniverse. The Substance 3D Painter Connector works in tandem with the Create Painter Live Link extension to provide real time visualization of painted meshes in Omniverse Create. The Painter Connector enables these features:
- Export the Painter mesh and texture sets as USD and MDL then open in Omniverse Create
- Duplicate the Painter environment HDR in Create as a Dome Light
- Live-update texture maps and materials in Create
- Import a USD mesh that’s currently open in Create from Omniverse
102.1 Point Release
The emphasis for this release is on stability, bug fixes, and some light workflow improvement with the UI… we also love playing with the Create physics features while live-updating textures within a stage:
- Added a button that will toggle enabling/disabling of all live-link features.
- Added a checkbox that allows a mesh to be imported from Omniverse using UDIMs (OM-44584)
- Added busy indicators to the Painter Connector and Create Extension for feedback during long-running operations
- Painter now rotates the folder that textures are written to to make GPU access in Create safer. (OM-46027)
- Installer fails and pops up a dialog when Painter not installed (OM-47068)
- Installer uses proper exception handling on file/directory access (OM-47002)
- Installer will overwrite files in the plugin folder (OM-49033)
- The Texture Settings dialog will not export textures if none of the properties were changed from their original
- Nucleus folder will not be created if not requested by having “Copy Textures To Nucleus” on (OM-48623)
- Added support for OpenColorIO color management projects (OM-48645)
- Note: detailed color space support is not working, but exported maps will link up correctly with the Omniverse PBR material
- Doc link from the extension manager, now includes a link to the documentation (OM-47530)
- Settings - version renamed to Substance 3D Painter Settings - version (OM-47531)
- Re-exporting a mesh from painter twice no longer crashes Create (OM-46084)
- Local only workflow is supported. Base layer now maps paths locally when copy textures to nucleus is off. (OM-48689)
- The text on button that allows user to select a directory is replaced with a folder icon.
- Added an icon that indicates if exporting is taking place (OM-49002).
- Added a button for force exporting all textures (OM-48696).
- Updated http post protocol from version 1.0 to 1.1 to send local textures relative directory with post.