After installing Nvidia driver my external monitor connected via HDMI port is not found

I have an MSI Prestige 15.6" Laptop with a GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q graphics card and a built-in Intel vga controller. I’m running Ubuntu 18.04 with the 5.3 kernel. I use two 1080p external monitors one connected to the HDMI port and one connected through a USB-C hub. All 3 monitors worked before installing the Nvidia driver.

I installed the 440 driver and after that the laptop would not recognize the monitor connected via the HDMI port. It was like the HDMI port didn’t work any more. (I enabled the MOK per the driver installation instructions.)

If I switched back to the X.org Nouveau driver (through Software & Updates, Additional drivers) then all 3 monitors work properly. If I switch back to either the 440 or 435 driver the monitor connected to HDMI doesn’t work.

I’ve tried several of the recommendations in here and none of them work.

Is this possibly an issue with the driver not supporting the 5.3 kernel?

I should add that when I reboot the system the login screen recognized all 3 monitors. As soon as I login the monitor connected to the HDMI port goes blank.