AGX Orin UPHY Lane Configuration On SATA

We have designed a custom board for AGX Orin 64GB, utilizing the 88SE9170 as a PCIe to SATA bridge similar to the Xavier reference board. Our board features two SATA channels(two 88SE9170s) , each connected to the Orin module using UPHY RX2/TX2 and UPHY_RX3/TX3, respectively, as illustrated below. However, after system boot, we are unable to detect any SATA devices using the lspci command. We suspect that the default UPHY Lane Configuration is set to #1, which disables UPHY RX2/TX2 and UPHY_RX3/TX3 automatically. However, we are unable to confirm this or determine how to resolve the issue. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate any suggestions or insights that anyone can offer on this matter. Thank you.

Hello,

Your topic will be best served in the Jetson category.

I will move this post over for visibility.

Cheers,
Tom

OK. Thanks.

1 Like

Default setting is config #0.

Thanks. but I read from " Jetson AGX Orin Platform Adaptation and Bring-Up” doc, that there are only two configurations for UPHY lane, which are config #1 and config #2. Are you sure the default setting is config #0?

Sorry. I mean the default one is the first config. I didn’t actually know it starts from 0 or 1.

But anyway, the default one is the first config.

Thanks anyway. We switched the configuration from #1 to #2 today by change the ODMDATA string from “gbe-uphy-config-22,nvhs-uphy-config-0,hsio-uphy-config-0,gbe0-enable-10g,hsstp-lane-map-3” to “gbe-uphy-config-0,hsstp-lane-map-3,hsio-uphy-config-16,nvhs-uphy-config-0”;” in p3701.conf.common file in the BSP, but the board is unable to boot up. :( Afterward, we also changed the configuration of the Orin reference development board to #2, the development board also failed to boot up either. Could you help me with this problem? Thanks again.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

You need to share the boot up log.