AGX Xavier Crashing Issue

We have an issue where the Nvidia AGX Xavier development board crashes during runtime. Here is information about our setup:

• Jetpack 5.0.2
  • Regularly using ~80% CPU
  • We power using a 12V DC/DC converter typically, not the AC/DC wall adapter that comes with it.

There are three separate cases.

Case 1: AGX Xavier boots and runs for several hours then crashes and is unable to boot again.
Case 2: AGX Xavier boots and runs for a few minutes then crashes and is able to boot from the power supply that comes with it.
Case 3: AGX Xavier boots and runs for several hours then crashes and is able to boot from the power supply that comes with it, but periodically crashes even with this power supply.

I will attach logs from Case 2 and Case 3 in the comments.

Case_2.txt (231.5 KB)
Case_3.txt (93.3 KB)

Your log does not help much.

Try to use serial console to dump log. Syslog does not have critical error log.

Is is possible to get the log of critical errors after it crashed or does that need to be captured in real time?

It depends on what kind of error that is. So no matter what situation, dumping the serial console log will always be the better idea.

The last time these boards failed was January. Is it possible to see the dump from the day(s) they crashed if I dump to the serial console log now?

Of course not.

Okay, then I will reproduce with a serial debugger connected. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.