AGX Xavier DRBD

Hi.

I was wondering if someone can help me. I have a 2TB M.2 flash installed on my Xavier and everything is working great with the M.2 flash. Now, i want to make the M.2 flash be a drbd partition. I have installed the drbd8-utils package and configure it. However, when I run the “modprobe drbd” command, I get the following error:

modprobe: FATAL: Module drbd not found in directory /lib/modules/4.9.140-tegra

Where can I download the kernel mod for drbd?

Has anyone done drbd on the NVIDIA Xaviers?

Thanks ahead of time.

To add new driver as module, you need to download the source code from our download center and add it in tegra_defconfig.

Hi Wayne. Thank you for responding back. When you say download the source, I assume you are referring to the public_sources.tgb2 file and untar the kernel source. If this is correct, I am not sure what to add to the tegra_defconfig file. Can you give me more information or point me to the right direction?

Just to clarify, once this procedure works, I should be able to see the /dev/drbd0 for the “modprobe drbd” to work, correct?

Thank you.

First, you need to know how to build kernel image/kernel. You could refer to L4T document from our download center.

Second, to add a driver, please find what drbd needs in their makefile.

According to their makefile as below, you should put the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DRBD=m in tegra_defconfig.

drbd-y := drbd_bitmap.o drbd_proc.o
drbd-y += drbd_worker.o drbd_receiver.o drbd_req.o drbd_actlog.o
drbd-y += drbd_main.o drbd_strings.o drbd_nl.o
drbd-y += drbd_interval.o drbd_state.o
drbd-y += drbd_nla.o
drbd-$(CONFIG_DEBUG_FS) += drbd_debugfs.o 
obj-$(<b>CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DRBD</b>)     += drbd.o

Please note that we didn’t verify it in our platform, so maybe some bugs there.

Thanks you Wayne! I was able to get the drbd/pacemaker installed and running!