AGX Xavier won't detect TF card?

Hi, all:

I successfully flashed AGX Xavier by following this.

However, after successfully boot into AGX Xavier, the TF card has NEVER been detected as /dev/mmcblk1p1. In fact, there is NOTHING shown up under /dev after having inserted the TF card into AGX Xavier.

Without `/dev/mmcblk1p1’ detected,

➜  Linux_for_Tegra sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk1p1

on host computer is still working propertly, but while booting AGX Xavier, it shows a black screen with a bash ONLY:

bash: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
bash-4.4#

And, if I plug out TF card, AGX Xavier can successfully boot into eMMC …

How can I boot from AGX Xavier TF card ?

Cheers
Pei

You should firstly deal with why the card is not enumerated. How many micro sdcard do you have there? Can you plug them one by one to your slot and see if any of them gets detected as /dev/mmcblk1p1?

1 Like

Thank you @WayneWWW .

2 of my SD cards are able to be mounted automatically. ALL the others cannot.

It looks for these 2 SD cards, there is always a fat16 for /dev/mmcblk1p1, and /dev/mmcblk1p2 is ext4.
That is the difference I can notice so far.

Any further suggestions?

Ok, that proves the sdcard slot it still working.

Can you insert a non-working card to the board and share me the dmesg?

Hey, @WayneWWW
please refer to https://pastebin.com/095MzvxK

Can you format your sdcard to ext4 and see if it can work?

The log just rejects your partition setting.

[ 786.178692] mmc1: card 1234 removed
[ 786.233444] FAT-fs (mmcblk1p1): unable to read boot sector to mark fs as dirty
[ 786.275621] JBD2: Error -5 detected when updating journal superblock for mmcblk1p2-8.
[ 786.275785] Aborting journal on device mmcblk1p2-8.
[ 786.275897] JBD2: Error -5 detected when updating journal sup

1 Like

@WayneWWW This is that SD card from my host computer, it’s formatted to ext4 already, and I tried multiple times and gurantee it’s entirely in ext4.

Is a partition fat16 a must?

What’s more, I’m testing a SD card of size 128G. I think the previous pastepin is before rebooting. Now, I insert this unworking 128G card into AGX first, and then reboot AGX, the current dmesg is here https://pastebin.com/095MzvxK . Any more suggestions?

Thank you

The truth is your log shows no sd controller log now. It feels like sdcard is not inserted.

Can you share me the follow-up dmesg if you hotplug the sdcard under such situation? Is there any new log coming out from dmesg?

1 Like
  • dmesg1
  • hot plug out
  • dmesg2
  • hot plug in again
  • dmesg3

ALL 3 dmesgs are identical…

Can you try more cards and give out a summary of all the behavior of each cards?

No response sounds like a hardware issue to me.

1 Like

It looks for me:

• ALL XC TF cards won’t be mounted, size is >= 64G
  • ALL HC I TF cards are able to be mounted automatically, size is <= 32G

Do I need to install some particular driver on AGX Xavier for XC TF cards?

The issue seems to be similar to https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/sd-card-driver-bug-on-jetson-tk1/35804

And, @WayneWWW , take a look at this: How to Boot From SD Card? - #29 by jiapei1

SDXC is NOT supported by AGX Xavier.

my god…

Hmm… actually I don’t remember any specific issue to say SDXC would have problem.

The card detection is just using a gpio.
If you hotplug the card, no matter it is a SDXC or not, it shall give you response in dmesg. But that didn’t happen to your board.

Do you have other Xavier devkit or NX devkit to try?

Also, please do not refer to any TK1 issue for your Xavier. These two SoC have too many differences…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.