Hello! I installed in my Alienware m15x non-stock video card Nvidia 765m. When I trying to boot i have monochrome screen with static random color. I think that this is due to the fact that in 765m there is a built-in sound card that conflicts with the built in Alienware m15x. When i disable in BIOS integrated in laptop sound card - boot normaly, but without sound.
In Windows I “fixed” it like this:
- Disable onboard sound.
- Installed drivers on Nvidia
- I turned on the sound in BIOS and booted into safe mode
- Installed drivers for the built-in sound
- Disabled all devices in the “sound” category in the device manager.
- Boot into full windows
- Turned on the built-in sound, got a monochrome screen.
- Hiberned the laptop by pressing the button
- Awakened the laptop and everything worked
I tried to do this in Linux, but I did not succeed :(
Sorry for bad english.