Animate mesh's properties with Curve Editor

I try animating meshes in Omniverse Create v 2022.3.0.
I have main scene in a root layer and I have delta layer for my changes.
When I create Cube or Sphere and animate it’s position with Curve Editor in the Root Layer - everything works. When I switch to my delta layer (make it authoring) and create another set of these objects, and animate them in the same way - animation does not work. Dragging the slider in the Curve editor makes no effect, although I’ve set several key frames with various changes to prim’s properties (location).
I can see a warnings in a viewport (written in a yellow rounded bar):
“Overridden in multiple layers, see log for details.”

My logs are full of lines like

[Warning] [omni.kit.widget.layers.layer_model] /World/Torus_01.xformOp:translate is overridden in a stronger layer (Root Layer).
[Warning] [omni.kit.widget.layers.layer_model] /World/Torus_01.xformOp:translate is overridden in a stronger layer (Root Layer).
[Warning] [omni.kit.notification_manager.manager] Overridden in multiple layers, see log for details.
layers, see log for details.
[Warning] [omni.kit.notification_manager.manager] Overridden in multiple layers, see log for details.
[Warning] [omni.kit.notification_manager.manager] Overridden in a stronger layer (Root Layer).
[Warning] [omni.kit.notification_manager.manager] Overridden in a stronger layer (Root Layer).

Hi @Mykola-777. I’ve moved this over to the Create forum.

The edits you make in the Root Layer are strong than those you do in sublayers. Try not putting any data in the root layer and instead work only in sublayers. That might work for what you’re intending. If you can package up you stage with “Collect Assets…” it would be helpful for the dev team to understand your use case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.