Animation "path-points" with retargetting

I want to reuse AnimGraph and ActionGraph so that the characters follow a predefined path.
I load the “path_points” animation example and add another character “biped_demo.usd” with the existing animation and action graph, everything works fine.
But when I add the character “Debra.usd” with the existing animation and action graph using the retargeting system, this animation does not work correctly.

How I can configurate this example with retargetting system?

Hello @serg_sv! Welcome to the community! I contacted the team about this and they informed me that this is a bug that has been fixed, but is going though QA testing before it will be published (OM-48766).

Hello WendyGram! Thanks for the response and quick bug fix.

Today I updated the creator to version 2022.1.2.
I open the animation example “path-points”, and activate the retargeting.
In Combo Box “Skeleton” I choose “/World/Character/Root” after that the app crashes.

Hi @serg_sv. Hoping we can uncover some issues here to get you moving.

Today I updated the creator to version 2022.1.2.
I open the animation example “path-points”, and activate the retargeting.
In Combo Box “Skeleton” I choose “/World/Character/Root” after that the app crashes.

For this issue, are you seeing anything output in the console? Or if you don’t mind, could you attach a log from the session it crashes please?

To your other question:

How I can configurate this example with retargetting system?

It sounds like you’re following the right steps, but I’ll just list them here to make sure I’m on the same page.

1. Load the path points sample
  2. Reference in Debra
  3. Automatically setup retargeting on both Biped Demo and Debra by going to the Retargeting window and selecting both characters from the Skeleton drop down list (you should see a blue message in the viewport saying they were auto setup)
  4. Rotate Debra so she’s facing the same direction as the Biped Demo character.
  5. Assign the Animation Graph to Debra by right clicking on the SkelRoot prim > Add > Animation > Animation Graph. Select the Animation Graph in the prompt
  6. Assign the Action Graph to Debra by right clicking on the SkelRoot prim > Add > Visual Scripting. Select the Action Graph in the prompt

I just tested and it seems ok, but I want to make sure you get this resolved too! If it does still crash it would be great if you could attach your log from the session too.

Hello JohnnyM_nv!

Creator crashes after updating to version 2022.1.2.
Creator closes silently and doesn’t seem to generate new errors or warnings.
I will attach a log file to this issue.
kit_20220513_111917.log (806.3 KB)

Yes, I follow these steps with automatic retargeting and see the blue message and the correct person direction.
I did these steps in another example everything works.
But for now I can’t test these steps in the new Creator.

Hi @serg_sv thank you for sharing the log. We are going to look into this. If you try new Create versions and do get it working, we would appreciate updating this thread.

Hi @serg_sv we should have this fixed for the next version of Create, so please keep an eye out for its release.

Hello!
Retargeting works correctly in Creator version 1.3.
All the issues described in this thread have been fixed.
Dynamic trajectory is a useful feature.
Thanks to all your team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.