Announcing Jetson Orin Nano

We are pleased to announce the Jetson Orin Nano series, rounding out the Jetson Orin family of modules. Jetson Orin Nano modules deliver up to 40 TOPS of AI performance in the smallest Jetson form-factor, with power options between 5W and 15W. This gives you up to 80X the performance of the previous generation Jetson Nano and sets the new standard for entry-level Edge AI.

Jetson Orin Nano 8GB and Jetson Orin Nano 4GB are form-factor and pin-compatible with Jetson Orin NX series modules. They support multiple concurrent AI application pipelines with high-speed IO and an NVIDIA Ampere architecture GPU, enabling lower-priced consumer, retail analytics, and industrial QA devices to benefit from more complex AI models.

The Jetson Orin Nano modules will be available in January, 2023 starting at $199, and you can start developing for them today with the Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit. Check the “Additional Files” section of the Jetson Linux 35.1 release page for the Orin Nano emulation overlay.

For more information about Jetson Orin Nano, see these new documents:

Also, watch the NVIDIA GTC September 2022 session from Leela Karumbunathan, Jetson Hardware Product Manager: Announcing Jetson Orin Nano: the New Standard for Entry-Level Edge AI [A41731]

Hello NVIDIA Team
it’s really a pleasure to know about these cool products, I’m looking forward to December/January for a NX module.
Since we’re talking about $400 roughly speaking, I’d like to ask if I’ll be forced to buy an AGX Orin devkit. Which surely is a very cool tech gem, but how to say it… it’s listed at $2,000.
Will it be the only devkit available for the Orin modules?
It’s a bit improbable (at least to me!) to spend $199 for an Orin Nano PLUS $2,000 for the dev kit. It would be definitely sad to know it will be the only solution available.
Please don’t give me a generic answer, I prefer a “stay tuned”.
And please don’t redirect me to your ‘external partners’ (long story short, they’re overpricing everything).

Thanks,
Leo

3 Likes

1000 times this. You are losing goodwill by not announcing a devkit for orin nano. Jetson was made popular by maker community and it is fatal mistake to think you can focus on “big companies that need thousands of orins”. Nvidia would set themselves way back while people move to open platforms in response, then big companies will forget nvidia and go with open hardware. Orin is huge inflection point for nvidia and robots. DO NOT GET THIS WRONG AND DO NOT DELAY.

3 Likes

NVIDIA Jetson engineering focus is on JetPack and the Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit – unblocking customers to begin product development without waiting for production Orin NX/Nano modules. The devkit’s ability to emulate any production Jetson Orin module is useful in CI/CD farms as well as on developer team desks.

For the actual Orin NX/Nano modules, NVIDIA partners are preparing carrier boards for later this year. Customers should contact partners now to discuss off-the-shelf or custom options, even while they are beginning application development with the Jetson AGX Orin devkit. This will enable their fastest go-to-market when Jetson Orin NX/Nano production modules become available.

Understandably, individual developers working on their own projects may be less interested in Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit. However, some of those partner carrier boards are expected to be priced as low as 50 USD.

1 Like