Anti clockwise rotated image with imx219 (nv_imx219.c) while streaming

Hello,
I am jetpack 35.1 and using the imx219 sensor and driver file: nv_imx219.c
I am able to stream (I am checking the stream through HDMI connected to a monitor) the imx219 using below command:

$ export DISPLAY=:0
$ DISPLAY=:0 gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)3280, height=(int)2464, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)21/1' ! nvvidconv ! queue ! xvimagesink

With above command, the stream is rotated by 90 degree anti-clockwise.

I can see that I am able to rotate the image with adding element "nvvidconv flip-method=2" but still i loose kind of resolution.

Bydefault, I have readout_orientation = "90"; in modes definition for imx219 and I tried to change it to various values e.g. 270 or 0 but there is no effect of that in streaming.

So could you please think of the reason why I am getting a rotated image in output.

Many thanks in advance.

It’s could be the sensor scan line have 90 degree with display scan line.
For the flip-method could be the sensor output ratio different with display cause crop. You try some 1080p or 720p sensor mode to confirm it.

Hello ShaneCCC,
Thank you for your response. Could you please elaborate the below statement or provide some some steps. I am sorry, I could not understand what you said and what should be my next steps.

“For the flip-method could be the sensor output ratio different with display cause crop. You try some 1080p or 720p sensor mode to confirm it.”

Try below command.

export DISPLAY=:0
$ DISPLAY=:0 gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)21/1' ! nvvidconv ! queue ! xvimagesink

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.