Anyone know how to get a GTX 1070 running on Arch Linux?

I tried installing “NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-367.27”

But it gives out this error

PATH: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl

nvidia-installer command line:
    ./nvidia-installer

Unable to load: nvidia-installer ncurses v6 user interface

Unable to load: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface

Using built-in stream user interface
-> Detected 8 CPUs online; setting concurrency level to 8.
WARNING: You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 375.20 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver installed in this system.  For further details, please see the appendix SUPPORTED NVIDIA GRAPHICS CHIPS in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.
-> License accepted.
-> Installing NVIDIA driver version 375.20.
-> Performing CC sanity check with CC="/usr/bin/cc".
ERROR: The kernel header file '/lib/modules/4.8.4-1-ARCH/build/include/linux/kernel.h' does not exist.  The most likely reason for this is that the kernel source path '/lib/modules/4.8.4-1-ARCH/build' is incorrect.  Please make sure you have installed the kernel source files for your kernel and that they are properly configured; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example, be sure you have the 'kernel-source' or 'kernel-devel' RPM installed.  If you know the correct kernel source files are installed, you may specify the kernel source path with the '--kernel-source-path' command line option.
ERROR: Installation has failed.  Please see the file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details.  You may find suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.

I don’t understand why I’m getting this warning

WARNING: You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 367.27 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver installed in this system.

That GPU was purchesed directly from MSI.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Use a more recent driver.

pacman -Suy nvidia did the trick for me.

If you want to build the driver module by yourself, use nvidia-dkms.

If you want to go the hard way, you need to install linux-headers first and possibly patch the sources.

BTW, I don’t understand why you first get this warning:

WARNING: You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 375.20 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver…

and later

WARNING: You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 367.27 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver…

@hirschhornsalz I tried both driver to see if a different one woyld work, so I mixed the driver versions but it doesn’t matter they had exactly the same error message above.

Thank you for your advice, I messed up with the setup I only put in 1 PCI-E connector, I didn’t realise I was supposed to put in 2, fml

It’s a classic story.
Try to compile directly from nvidia driver source. I’ve this issue often, particulary when I setup on PRIME.
If you don’t know how to do this, I will try to help you.