Applications fail to launch on Linux

Hi,

I am having trouble launching any Vulkan application. I am using Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. It fails while trying to create the VkInstance with error as VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER.

I tried to run vkcube using nsight graphics and it fails with the following error

vkEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties failed to find the VK_KHR_surface extension.

Do you have a compatible Vulkan installable client driver (ICD) installed?
Please look at the Getting Started guide for additional information.

I couldn’t find any info related to ICD in the getting started guide. Progress log for the vkcube run is as follows

Preparing to launch...
Launched process: vkcube (pid: 700942)
/usr/bin/vkcube 
Attempting to automatically connect...
Searching for attachable process 700942 on local socket...
Launch process exited. Searching for attachable child processes...
Searching for attachable process 700942 on local socket...
Failed to connect. The target process may have exited

Note that all the applications run without any issues when launched without using nsight graphics.

Side note: Not sure this is relevant but I am sshing into the ubuntu machine to run nsight graphics on it and using x11 forwarding to visualize application display.

Driver Version: 510.47.03
Nsight graphics installer : NVIDIA_Nsight_Graphics_2022.1.1.22054.run

Hello,
Thank you for using Nsight Graphics and sorry you ran into this problem. Can you take a look at the discussion in the following Forum Post and let us know if the workaround discussed will fix your issue Nsight Graphics 2022.1 fails to launch "vkcube" on Ubuntu 20.04.3?

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Thank you for the quick reply! I will check it out and let you know.

Thanks for the link. The application is running now using the suggestions in that post. There seem to be couple of other issues with x11 forwarding but they may not be related to Nsight graphics.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.