AR0820 purple fringing

I am evaluating using an Entron F008A120RM0AES with the Drive platform.

Under conditions of changes in light, there is substantial purple fringing along those edges when motion is occurring. This presents a challenge to any sort of feature detection executed on the image and overall doesn’t represent reality.

I have attached two images, one in a real world scenario and one that exaggerates the issue in the lab

My understanding from DRIVE Ecosystem - Hardware and Software | NVIDIA Developer is that 5.2.6 with Entron F008A120RM0AES is expected to be optimally tuned, but this level of artifact seems beyond what I would expect and doesn’t occur with other cameras.

Can this purple fringing be suppressed? Are the ISP settings bundled with Drive 5.2.6 already the best settings?

Captured images with, for example, nvsipl_camera -c F008A120RM0A_CPHY_x4 --link-enable-masks "0x0001 0x0000 0x0000 0x0000"

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Dear @a.dobke,
In office premises, it is expected to have purple artifacts.
On road, you notice this artifacts only along the edges of low light and high light areas in the frame?

Yes it is mostly in areas of transition, but not always from areas that are well or not well lit.

For example, the purple ghost is visible along the edge of the biker and along the edge of the poles on the left of the scene.

ar0820_bicycle