Arch Linux kernel 4.1 and nvidia 352.21-4, random "lock ups" after 12-24 hours of usage.

Hello.

I’ve got a standard(ish) desktop system - two 1080p Dell displays connected using MST via DisplayPort, an Nvidia GTX770, and decent hardware specs.

I’m running Cinnamon, Xorg, and the latest NVidia drivers. I usually work with just a few apps: Chromium, Atom and Terminal.

After 12-24 hours, while I’m working, occasionally the UI will completely lock up. I cannot interact with anything. I can still move the mouse.

Usually I can log in using SSH, but occasionally I can’t. Trying to reboot the system while it’s in this state works very occasionally, but usually fails (i.e. the reboot command hangs and does nothing).

Sometimes when trying to change users using sudo, the system hangs and needs to be reset using the Magic SysRq keys.

If I can kill Xorg, I can restart it, and things appear to work, but soon enough it would lock up again, within a few hours at most. Sometimes during that time, the system performance is very choppy.

I’ve looked in the system journal (logs) and couldn’t see anything obvious.

I feel like this problem happened after I updated the kernel from 3.x to 4.x, possibly 4.0 to 4.1, but I’m not entirely sure about that.

The system was rock solid before then.

I’m sure it will crash again soon, so please let me know how to provide additional information.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (195 KB)

Just updated the drivers and kernel, still having issues. Working fine in Windows, even with gaming, etc.