The Connector for Graphisoft Archicad has been released to the Production Launcher. Archicad is one of the top BIM tools in the AEC market. Our first release focuses on moving Archicad’s geometry in USD and Omniverse. In time, we’ll be collaborating on leveraging deeper aspects of BIM data in Omniverse.
Our core support for Archicad is the same as Revit, Rhino and SketchUp. Key features include:
- Send to View – one click publish to Omniverse and View is started automatically, loading the design
- Publish to Project – full support of saving Archicad designs into the project based workflow
- Export as Prop – save the design as a single USD for re-use in many projects
- Live Edit – move a curtain wall, add a door and the changes are pushed in real-time to Omniverse
- Material Mapping – any material assignments are mapped to existing MDL’s in our library
- Lights – all lights are translated into USD lights
Support is for Archicad 24 (the current version available).
Archicad does not have ray tracing in its core package. It relies on external application for advanced visualization. Omniverse adds quick and easy access to fast and beautiful results in addition to white mode and section views.
More coming in the next few months:
- Support for Archicad Materials – We do mapping now which is very useful for users. But, we will also support translating any Archicad materials into an MDL. This will be an option on export, just like we do for Revit, Rhino and SketchUp.
- Component Substitution – Trees, furniture, etc. will be replaceable by existing USD assets. A CSV file will be leveraged to allow users to customize their export process into USD. Our Connectors for Revit, Rhino and SketchUp all do this now so we’ll continue the workflow and mechanism for it.
- Other Versions – We’ll evaluate supporting Archicad 23 as well in addition to preparing for when 25 will ship.