Argus_camera not working with my new customer camera device

On page 2794 of the Parker TRM there’s a helpful graphic that shows the in-memory packing format used on Tx2.

See the attached screenshot.

Hi Greg,

Got it, Thank you very much for your quickly helpful support.

Martin,

HI,@27653276
I am also still use SC130GS(the output is raw 10 GRAY)
Now,I can use the nvcamerasrc to get the video,but the image feels a little red.
SO,I want to get the output data use v4l2src,the problem as follows:
nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --list-formats-extioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
Index : 0
Type : Video Capture
Pixel Format: ‘BG10’
Name : 10-bit Bayer BGBG/GRGR
Size: Discrete 1280x1024
Interval: Discrete 0.017s (60.000 fps)

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=“/dev/video0” ! video/x-raw,width=1280,height=1024,format=BG10,framerate=60/1 ! xvimagesink
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link v4l2src0 to xvimagesink0
any suggestion to slove the problem?

Instead of using ximagesink you could try something like this:

gst-launch-1.0 \
     v4l2src device="/dev/video0" ! \
     video/x-raw,width=1280,height=1024,format=BG10,framerate=60/1 ! \
     nvvidconv ! \
     nvoverlaysink

I’m not certain this will work for you. Also note that this requires an HDMI connection (i.e. you can’t use nvoverlaysink over a forwarded X connection).

There are ways to resolve the red output you are seeing from your camera. Once a camera is working via nvarguscamerasrc or nvcamerasrc the next step is ‘tuning’ the image quality which includes performing color correction. Camera tuning is a complicated task. Nvidia will direct you to one of their camera partner companies to perform a tune for you. This method would produce the best results and make the most efficient use of the hardware.

Note that nvcamerasrc is deprecated and has been removed from L4T R32.1 (which is part of JetPack 4.2).

Regards,
Greg

v4l2src only supports 8 bits bayer formats, AFAIK. RidgeRun had published a patch long time ago for adding support, but anyway debayering on CPU would be slow and CPU consuming.

If your sensor only provides RG10, you’d better use nvarguscamerasrc.
For the color issue, if your sensor driver provides controls for color gains you may try to tune these. Otherwise, there are some ISP config files suited to a given sensor that can be installed, but the format of these is not public.

If the output data of the CMOS is RAW10 Bayer(BGGR),how can I get the data for the next image process,which I hope the ISP is bypass?
(In my opinion,the function of the ISP is to convert the bayer data to the YUV data,so I want the bayer data not the YUV data)

You can record raw bayer BG10 or RG10 from v4l. Have a look to this topic for further details.

Hey, what was the fix with your system?
Because we have similar issues.

Best regards,
jb