Argus changelog

I noticed some things like gstSharpnessScore were added to the ICaptureMetadata between JetPack 4.4 and 4.5, yet the RELEASE.TXT hasn’t been changed since 2018:

Release 0.97 (08/10/2018)

My questions are:

• Is there a changelog other than RELEASE.TXT that’s updated when things change?
  • Is there a way of getting the argus version at runtime so I can check these capabilities?

I think the version wouldn’t change if no any API feature add/remove.
When you run the sample code the log from console should have show the version.

The problem is not the sample code, although that sometimes has problems. The problem is Argus advertises “Version stability and extensibility”. Issue is that’s not true. Things in the public api, like getSharpnessScores are added without any versioning(I can find). In my case, I wrote something on JetPack 4.5, attempted to build it on 4.4, and discovered some core functionality my client needs is missing. Now I have to master a 4.5 JetPack image just for this one small part of Argus.

Please, if you add or remove something from your public API, document it somewhere. Use semantic versioning, please.

Back to the topic, is there a way to get some hidden version or changelog, since that could save me a big headache tomorrow?

You can check the version that match the Jetpack version.

sudo apt list -a nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api

Thanks. apt-cache policy nvidia-l4t-jetson-multimedia-api will work as a fallback since apt doesn’t have a stable command line interface.

Please include a pkg-config .pc file or a Find*.cmake in the future. That way the build system can handle versioning and won’t have to call out to a script to parse some external command’s output just for this.

Likewise, please document when you add or remove something. It’s hard to know when something was added or removed without that. Doxygen supports this, so it would be very helpful if this was used.

Hi,
Many thanks for suggestion. We will check with teams to have version control in future releases.

1 Like