Argus Error while switch MIPI Camera between Gsteamer Pipeline , Deepstream App , Gstreamer Pipeline

• Hardware Platform Jetson Nano 4GB
  • DeepStream Version – 5.0.1
  • JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) – 4.4.1
  • TensorRT Version – 7.1.3.0
  • Camera Type: Raspberry Pi Camera V2 (MIPI Camera)

Hello,

I am trying to switch camera between Gstreamer pipeline , Deepstream Pose Estimation Cpp App using Multiprocessing process and then killing the process after 30 secs and again switch to Gstreamer pipeline in a single script with above mentioned Camera.
While running the same, after Deepstream Pose Estimation Cpp App is executed the below mentioned error occurs
But If i try to switch Camera only between Deepstream App and then Gstreamer pipeline it works properly.

Attaching the Code Block SwitchCamera.py (2.1 KB) and the Error:

Error:

(Argus) Error EndofFile: Unexpected error in reading socket (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 266)
(Argus) Error EndofFile: Receiving thread terminated with error in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 368)
(Argus) Error InvalidState: Recieve thread is not running cannot send. (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 96)
(Argus) Error InvalidState: (propagating from src/rpc/socket/client/socketClientDispatch.cpp, function dispatch(), line 87)
Error generated. .dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/multimedia/nvgstreamer/gst-nvarguscamera/gstnvarguscamerasrc.cpp, execute:557 No camera available
[warn:0] global /tmp/build_opencv/opencv/modulesvideoio/src/cap_gsteamer.cpp (935) open OpenCV | Gstreamer warning: Cannot query video position: status=0,value=-1, duration=-1

Please advise on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Restart the nvargus-daemon before switch to others.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Kindly please advice how to restart the nvargus-daemon.

Thanks

sudo ps aux | grep -i nvargus-daemon
sudo kill {PID of nvargus-daemon}

Hi,
I tried killing the nvargus-daemon with the above command for the “root” USER and also restarted the nvargus-daemon with the command “sudo systemctl restart nvargus-daemon” from the same script but still i m getting the below errors:

Error:
(Argus) Error EndofFile: Unexpected error in reading socket (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 266)
(Argus) Error EndofFile: Receiving thread terminated with error in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 368)

(Argus) Error InvalidState: Recieve thread is not running cannot send. (in src/rpc/socket/client/ClientSocketManager.cpp, function recvThreadCore(), line 96)
(Argus) Error InvalidState: (propagating from src/rpc/socket/client/socketClientDispatch.cpp, function dispatch(), line 87)
Error generated. .dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/multimedia/nvgstreamer/gst-nvarguscamera/gstnvarguscamerasrc.cpp, execute:557 No camera available
[warn:0] global /tmp/build_opencv/opencv/modulesvideoio/src/cap_gsteamer.cpp (935) open OpenCV | Gstreamer warning: Cannot query video position: status=0,value=-1, duration=-1

Please advise.

Thanks

How about some delay between switch and daemon stop/start

I have tried putting delay for 30 secs between switch and daemon stop/start.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Does manually switch those APP working?
Can you attached the deepstream APP here to try.