Arm Trusted Firmware Fork

Hi Guys,

Regarding the Jetson Orin Nano platform, after downloading the latest version of Jetson Linux (36.2) I noticed that in the Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader directory, there is a file called “tos_t234.img”. According to the documentation, this file contains the ATF and the EL3 exception mode software for T234. My question is whether there is a fork of ATF from which this binary was compiled, as I need to change and add some details to ATF itself.

Thank you for your attention.

hello jonypeixoto2001,

there’s public release source package,
you may visit jetson-linux-r362 page, to download the [Driver Package (BSP) Sources] package.
after that, please extract atf_src.tbz2 and nvidia-jetson-optee-source.tbz2 tarballs.
you should also see readme file, atf_and_optee_README.txt, which give instructions for building the sources.

Thank you JerryChang!

However I have another question related to the Orion Nano board: By default I think the bootloader is UEFI, but is there support for u-boot? I ask this because with u-boot I can load a binary image into memory using the fatload command. However, I don’t know how to replicate it using UEFI.

Thank you for the attention.

hello jonypeixoto2001,

u-boot has deprecated for Orin series. (actually, it’s deprecated for Xavier series as well)
please see-also developer guide, UEFI Adaptation, and also DTB Overlays for reference.

Thank you for your attention. However, despite having followed the tutorial present in this link (Build with docker · NVIDIA/edk2-nvidia Wiki · GitHub) to build and launch an EFI application, my problem of loading a .bin file into memory and loading it persists. In this case, after copying the HelloWorld.efi and myfile.bin files to the SD Card and booting the board, when I launch HelloWorld.efi I get the error “Error loading image: Load Error”. This error message happens when I invoke SystemTable->BootServices->LoadImage. I’m not sure if this is the right method or if only this function can load .efi images. Attached I leave the source code to make it easier to analyze.
HelloWorld.txt (5.1 KB)

Hi jonypeixoto2001,

Please refer to the following steps to update efi image.

1. check where is esp partition
$ ls -al /dev/disk/by-partlabel
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  16 Jan  1  1970 esp -> ../../nvme0n1p11

2. mount and update efi image
$ sudo mount /dev/nvme0n1p11 /mnt
$ cd /mnt/EFI/BOOT/
$ replace BOOTAA64.efi under /mnt/EFI/BOOT/

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.