Armbian for Jetson Nano

If you’re looking for a lightweight alternative to the L4T image that nvidia provides you should check out the Xubuntu image i posted on the forum.

Performance is great and things like youtube playback are much smoother than the L4T image.

It’s based off a minimal Xubuntu-core/xfce installation.

Built from the ground up using debootstrap and has all the same functionality as the L4T image like auto resize as well as the jetson tools like jetson_clocks and nvpmodel.

image size is only 3.5GB.

just search the forum for Xubuntu.

I’m sure this image is good but I did spend a lot of time making sure things were running perfectly.

Chris.

This was a while ago now but I did test the image, and even managed to get most of the nVidia SDK across to it and working to a degree. Surprisingly the thing I could not install were the Python wheels built for the Nano.

Sorry, I didn’t understand what you couldn’t install ?

Things like TensorFlow and Torch. For some reason it was refusing to install the python wheels.

I don’t recall if I said but I grabbed all the special nVidia packages from the local repository in /var and forced them to work. Really all that’s needed is the debian-centric directories to be added to the path and the occasional symlink.

New image 20190927

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9921-nvidia-jetson-nano/?do=findComment&comment=86856

The main purpose of these images is the ability to use Nano as a replacement for a regular PC for Ubuntu and Debian users.

images 5.98 on the site.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9921-nvidia-jetson-nano/?do=findComment&comment=87093

Image update 20191003. Added modules for USB sound, WiFi , DVB, etc.

@balbes-150

I using your image , but i found I need kernel mod isnot in it (AOE, xfs, f2fs) can you add thos mod in image pls ?

Sory I use a computer translator, write in detail what you want to get.

sorry for my poor english
kernel module:
aoe
xfs
f2fs

aoe
What is the point of the configuration is responsible for this ?

xfs
Already included in the kernel.

f2fs
Will be included in the next version.

used like iscsi.
when using this, jetson can have a big big hardisk for use.

The new version of the packages with the kernel. You can try to install them with the command “dpkg” as a replacement for the old kernel. Please note, I have not tested these packages yet. In the near future I plan to release new images with this kernel.

Armbian 20191023 images have been updated. Added kernel modules for new file systems.

Hi guys, this is really great work. I wanted to ask, can you use the Jetson CUDA cores as normal under this distro? Thanks.

Sorry for noob question but, where can i download the image?

Thank you
Sergio

Is possible add NVIDIA drivers instean mesa3d generic driver?
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/r32-2-1_Release_v1.0/Nano-TX1/sources/public_sources.tbz2

In you image mising tegra libs so you can’t opengl es 3.2 , opengl 4.6 core or vulkan 1.1 support.

Link to the resource to download in the first message of this topic.

I’ll see what I can do.

A new designation of the version number for Armbian.
The current version Legacy kernel 4.4 is 19.11.3 (20191126).
All previous images are moved to the OLD directory.
For the starter kit, I expanded the list of available images.

Stretch
Buster
Xenial
Bionic
Disco
Eoan

Add content link for MEGA site. :)

p.s.
Due to the transition to a new format of image names and their significant expansion, I have postponed the addition of packages from the SDK and other changes.

I created an article describing how can you build an image from scratch.