Assertion failure/NYI: deposit_bits

I have some code that compiles (and runs) just great under Windows (Windows XP, 32-bit). I’ve copied it over to a Fedora Core 8, x86_64 machine and it fails with this error:

### Assertion failure at line 1002 of ../../be/cg/NVISA/exp_loadstore.cxx:

### Compiler Error in file TESTfile.cpp3.i during Code_Expansion phase:

### NYI: deposit_bits for non-word size

nvopencc INTERNAL ERROR: /usr/local/cuda/open64/lib//be return non-zero status 1

make: *** [obj/debug/TESTfile.cu_o] Error 255

Any ideas? Pointers on where to track this down? A line number for failure (in my code) would have been helpful. :-)

I’m using the latest x86_64 sdk, driver, and toolkit downloaded from the website today.

If you’re seeing this with the CUDA_2.0-beta packages, then please provide a test app which reproduces this problem.

Tracked it down, and fixed it in my code. Essentially, I had a block of:

__device__ __constant__ unsigned int array[50] = {

0x01234567L, 0x12345678L }...

Removing the “Long” specification on the constants eliminated the compiler error.

This is odd, though. Since the array is of unsigned int’s, shouldn’t the “L” appendix be ignored?

Just a quick question. I saw he uses FC8, do you know if the beta packages for RH Enterprise are working on FC8? I have refrained from trying, since I am at a stage where I need to keep my installation working, but on the other hand want to see how much I can gain with 3D textures (It will probably be a big gain for me)