Assistance Requested with Isaac ROS nvblox Service Error

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out to seek assistance with an issue I’ve encountered while utilizing the Isaac ROS nvblox service. I’ve been following the documentation closely and attempted to implement the code for nvblox’s static reconstruction feature. While the static reconstruction implementation steps were successful and worked perfectly, I ran into a problem when trying to call a service from the command line as per the instructions provided in the documentation.

For your reference, here are the steps I followed for the static reconstruction implementation, which executed without any issues:
Static Reconstruction Implementation Steps:
https://nvidia-isaac-ros.github.io/repositories_and_packages/isaac_ros_nvblox/isaac_ros_nvblox/api/topics_and_services.html#ros-topics-subscribed
Documentation on Topics and Services:
https://nvidia-isaac-ros.github.io/repositories_and_packages/isaac_ros_nvblox/isaac_ros_nvblox/api/topics_and_services.html#ros-topics-published

Command:

ros2 service call /nvblox_node/save_ply nvblox_msgs/srv/FilePath “{file_path: ‘~/workspaces/>isaac_ros-dev/super_cool_map.ply’}”

Error:

The passed service type is invalid

I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance on how to resolve this issue. If there are any additional steps I should follow or any modifications to the command that might rectify the error, I would be eager to learn.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. Looking forward to your valuable suggestions.

Hi @sweetyleah0

The reason for the error “The passed service type is invalid” is because the workspace was not loaded on the terminal.

Execute from your terminal this command

source /workspaces/isaac_ros-dev/install/setup.bash

and after:

ros2 service call /nvblox_node/save_ply nvblox_msgs/srv/FilePath "{file_path: '/workspaces/isaac_ros-dev/super_cool_map.ply'}"

Remind: Don’t use relative path on file_path, but the absolute path