ATS PRI and PASID capabilities support on ConnectX-7

I am working with ConnectX-7, after updating firmware version to 28.37.1014 and doing below step
mlxconfig -d /dev/mst/mt4129_pciconf0 set ATS_ENABLED=1
I see ATS capability listed in lscpi output but I don’t see ATS requests raised by the device, as I do not see PCIe RC PMU(Performance monitor unit) ATS counters getting incremented. Could someone confirm device supports ATS requests.

And, also I do not see PRI and PASID capabilities listed in the device’s config space, should I need to enable something more to support these capabilities?

For your information I am using the latest Kernelv6.3 which has software support to these PCIe capabilities.

Thanks,
Anil

Hello,

It seems that you enabled it properly on the adapter, so please check the BIOS configuration or check with the server vendor.

This are the needed commands to enable the ATS:

1.   mlxconfig -d <PCI ID> set ATS_ENABLED=1

2.   power cycle / reboot.

to check that its enabled:
3. mlxconfig -d q | grep ATS_ENABLED
you should see this:
· mlxconfig -d /dev/mst/mt4123_pciconf0 q | grep ATS_ENABLED
ATS_ENABLED True(1)
to see it in the config space:
4. lspci -s -vvvxxx | grep ATS

you should see this:

· Capabilities: [480 v1] Address Translation Service (ATS)
ATSCap: Invalidate Queue Depth: 00
ATSCtl: Enable-, Smallest Translation Unit: 00

If all the above is set then you should check the BIOS and kernel.

Best Regards,
Viki

Thanks for your reply @vikiz.

After doing steps 1,2.
I see ATS capability got enabled on the card. and have confirmed as suggested.

#mlxconfig -d /dev/mst/mt4129_pciconf0 q | grep ATS_ENABLED
ATS_ENABLED True(1)

#lspci -s 000b:01:00.0 -vvv | grep ATS
Capabilities: [480 v1] Address Translation Service (ATS)
ATSCap: Invalidate Queue Depth: 00
ATSCtl: Enable+, Smallest Translation Unit: 00

After enabling ATS ATSCtl: Enable+, I do not see ATS requests raised by the device, I have confirmed this by monitoring PCIe RC PMU(Performance monitor unit) ATS counters. Kindly please confirm firmware version 28.37.1014 have ATS support.

And even after enabling the ATS capability mentioned above, I do not see PRI and PASID capabilities listed in the device’s config space. Should I need to enable something more? Linux software stack expects the endpoint device capability to be listed in first place so that it will enable and use these capabilities.

Thanks,
Anil

Any update on this request?

Hi,
I see no further support here, can you tag/assign this ticket to right forum/technical team or guide me how to reach them. We bought couple of ConnectX-7 cards for ATS/PRI capabilities, we would need support to enable and use those capabilities.

Thanks,
Anil