Auto exposure is not triggered in L4T R32.4.3 On Xavier NX

Hi,
For some reason, auto-exposure is not invoked. This ‘auto’ mode is normally enabled by default with/without camera_overrides.isp is present or not (although in my case this file was present). We are working with IMX577 on Leopard’s carrier board. Did anyone had such an issue?
The kernel driver is V4l2 Version 2 (With version 1 + R32.3.1 + Nano, it worked as expected)

Thanks for the support.
Roey

hello roey.bh,

may I know what’s difference between version-1 and version-2?
is this sensor kernel driver provided by Leopard team?
thanks

Hi Jerry,
Versions 1 and 2 are V4L2 Kernel Driver Version 1.0 and Version 2.0 respectively. The difference is described in the Sensor Software Driver Programming Guide (Welcome — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation)
With the Nano Carrier board + Nano SOC IMX577 + V4l2 Kernel Driver version 1.0 capture work as expected. I don’t think the reason why the auto exposure is not exposed is related to the driver API version.
The NX ISP defaults are the Nano ISP. Is there any difference that can cause this issue? Maybe it is something with the L4T release?

hello roey.bh,

since you’re working sensor driver provided by Leopard Image, you should contact them for the patches or updates.
please note that,
NX and Nano were based-on different tegra family. you cannot apply Nano ISP configuration file to NX.
you should also contact with Leopard for updated tuning files.
thanks

Hi Jerry,
Can you elaborate more on “NX and Nano were based-on different tegra family. you cannot apply Nano ISP configuration file to NX.”.
What are the differences between them (dtsi, camera_overrides.isp) ? I think this is the key point in our case.
Roey

hello roey.bh,

taking reference sensor driver Raspberry Pi v2, imx219 as an example,
as you can see from the device tree sources,
for example,
NX were using t19x,
$L4T_Sources/r32.4.3/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t19x/jakku/kernel-dts/common/tegra194-camera-rbpcv2-imx219.dtsi
and, Nano were based-on t210
$L4T_Sources/r32.4.3/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/hardware/nvidia/platform/t210/porg/kernel-dts/porg-platforms$ vim tegra210-camera-rbpcv2-imx219.dtsi

you may also refer to Topic 139727 for IMX219 image quality issue on NX.
since they’re going through different camera software pipelines; even same camera module will shows different results on Nano and NX platforms.
thanks