AutoDesk Univeristy 2017 NVIDIA Demo

Hello All,

I attended AU2017 and saw the NVIDIA demo that showed an NVIDA renderer that had a split viewer on the screen. On the left half the CPU was working on a production rendering, while on the right half the GPU was rendering real-time to show roughly how all the bitmap, materials, and lighting would eventually result in the CPU production rendering.

Is anyone here an attendee to that demo, or knows how was responsible for it. Better yet, does anyone know what NVIDIA card and which renderer were used for the demo? Any leads would be greatly appreciated (I’m assuming for now that the renderer was iRay, but don’t really know).

Thanks,
Andres Carter

Hi Andres,

The renderer being used in the demo was OptiX 5.0, for which both sides were GPU-accelerated. The difference between the two sides of the rendered model was that one side was having the “noise” or graininess removed through the use of the AI features present in OptiX.

The GPUs that were being used in the demo were 2 GP100s.

Hope that helps!

Ryan Park

Hi Ryan,

Do you know what the specs of the machine were? And if OptiX is available for to download? I joined the SDK program and it was approved, but I still can’t find a direct download for OptiX. Any idea if GP100s are mobile workstation ready?

Thanks,
Andres

Hi Andres,

I’ve included a link that provides specs for GP100 below:

OptiX 5.0 has not been released yet. OptiX version 4.1.1 should be currently available for download on this page:

Thanks,

Ryan Park