Automatically Run Device Query

In order to use CUDA 3.1 after a machine reboot the deviceQueryDrv command (located in: /usr/local/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/bin/linux/release) has to be ran. Is there a way to run this command automatically everytime the server reboots?

Thanks!

In order to use CUDA 3.1 after a machine reboot the deviceQueryDrv command (located in: /usr/local/NVIDIA_GPU_Computing_SDK/C/bin/linux/release) has to be ran. Is there a way to run this command automatically everytime the server reboots?

Thanks!

You should be able to run it from /etc/rc.local I think.

It sounds like I have the same problem as you. I’m trying to install several Dell M610x blades in a cluster that have Tesla cards. I’m using the 3.1 SDK and the driver listed on the download page for the 3.1 sdk (256.40). When I boot up and try to run the examples in the SDK as a regular user, they fail. If I run deviceQuery as root, it succeeds, and then subsequent tries to run the examples programs as regular users succeed.

Do we really need to run deviceQuery to get things working?

You should be able to run it from /etc/rc.local I think.

It sounds like I have the same problem as you. I’m trying to install several Dell M610x blades in a cluster that have Tesla cards. I’m using the 3.1 SDK and the driver listed on the download page for the 3.1 sdk (256.40). When I boot up and try to run the examples in the SDK as a regular user, they fail. If I run deviceQuery as root, it succeeds, and then subsequent tries to run the examples programs as regular users succeed.

Do we really need to run deviceQuery to get things working?

You could use the script that is in the 3.1 release notes that will load the kernel module and initialize the /dev/nvidia* entries for multiuser access.

You could use the script that is in the 3.1 release notes that will load the kernel module and initialize the /dev/nvidia* entries for multiuser access.

Ok thanks, I hadn’t noticed that script, it seems to be working for me.

Does this still need to be done with version 3.2 if we decide to upgrade? I don’t see it in the release notes for that version.

Ok thanks, I hadn’t noticed that script, it seems to be working for me.

Does this still need to be done with version 3.2 if we decide to upgrade? I don’t see it in the release notes for that version.