AutoMoc subprocess error for controlClassify.h while building from source

Hello,

I am trying to follow the uidelines to build from source the project Hello AI World, but fail always in 68 % step while trying to moc for “/home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/tools/camera-capture/controlClassify.h”

Some more info is depicted below:
Scanning dependencies of target camera-capture_autogen
[ 68%] Automatic MOC for target camera-capture

AutoMoc subprocess error

moc failed for
“/home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/tools/camera-capture/controlClassify.h”

Command

/usr/local/qt5jnano/bin/moc -I/home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/build/tools/camera-capture/camera-capture_autogen/include -I/home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/build/aarch64/include -I/home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/build/aarch64/include/jetson-inference -I/home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/build/aarch64/include/jetson-utils -I/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0 -I/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I/usr/local/qt5jnano/include -I/usr/local/qt5jnano/include/QtWidgets -I/usr/local/qt5jnano/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/qt5jnano/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/qt5jnano/./mkspecs/devices/linux-jetson-nano -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB --include /home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/build/tools/camera-capture/camera-capture_autogen/moc_predefs.h -o /home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/build/tools/camera-capture/camera-capture_autogen/EWIEGA46WW/moc_controlClassify.cpp /home/nvidianano/jetson-inference/tools/camera-capture/controlClassify.h

Output

/usr/local/qt5jnano/bin/moc: 1: /usr/local/qt5jnano/bin/moc: ELF: not found
/usr/local/qt5jnano/bin/moc: 2: /usr/local/qt5jnano/bin/moc: }@8: not found
/usr/local/qt5jnano/bin/moc: 3: /usr/local/qt5jnano/bin/moc: Syntax error: “(” unexpected

tools/camera-capture/CMakeFiles/camera-capture_autogen.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target ‘tools/camera-capture/CMakeFiles/camera-capture_autogen’ failed
make[2]: *** [tools/camera-capture/CMakeFiles/camera-capture_autogen] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:752: recipe for target ‘tools/camera-capture/CMakeFiles/camera-capture_autogen.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [tools/camera-capture/CMakeFiles/camera-capture_autogen.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Do you have any suggestion?

Sorry for the late response, is this still an issue to support?

Thanks

No problem, better later than ever.

Yes, the problem still persists, do you have any suggestion on how to fix the described error?

Hi,

Could you share some environment information with us first?

Which JetPack version do you use?
And which jetson_inference branch do you compile?

Please note that you will need to checkout the corresponding branch for the compatibility.
Thanks.

Hi,
Yes of course.

Jetpack version :
nvidia-l4t-core 32.4.4-20201016124427

I was originally compiling with the master branch, but after checking out into L4T-32.4.4, the error appears also.

After a git status:
On branch L4T-R32.4.4
Your branch is up to date with ‘origin/L4T-R32.4.4’.

Thanks for the attention.

Hi,

Sorry for the late update.

Have you clean-built the repository after switching to the r32.4.4 branch?
Since it may have some object that was built from the original branch.

More, would you mind upgrading your environment to the latest r32.6.1 (JetPack4.6).
We have just verified the jetson_inference can work well on it.

Thanks.

Hello,
After upgrading to 4.6, the image was flashed which led me to build the jetson-inference successfully. Of course now I cannot cross-compile with QT, but that is another story that I’ll need to reconfigure afterwards.

Just as a side note, I used the master branch since I could not found the proper branch (e.g. 32.6.1)

Thanks for the attention.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.