Autosave is a MUST

Omniverse is amazing however Omniverse crashes are not fun. During Marbles contest it crashed a lot more, its’ improved but still there really really really must be an autosave feature! Please and thanks!

Moving this topic to the Omniverse forum for greater visibility.

1 Like

Hello @garretthoyos! Thanks for the feature request. You are correct, we do not have an autosave feature at this time. I submitted a developer ticket for this feature to be added (Internal Ticket Reference OM-36723)

Now about these crashes you experienced, if you haven’t already, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the logs from the crashes you encounter so that we can get that fixed. Stability is an extremely high priority for us.

System Information

• Operating System

• GPU & GPU Driver

Omniverse Information

• Applications Used & Version Numbers

• Console Logs

• Omniverse Logs: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\.nvidia-omniverse\logs

• Nucleus Logs: %HOMEPATH%\.nvidia-omniverse\logs

• Connector Logs: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Omniverse\<CONNECTORNAME>

Helpful Troubleshooting Tools

Submitting feedback to Omniverse takes too much time. There needs to be a one click submit upon crash like Maya/3DS Max has implemented. You’re probably getting way too few crash notices.
Next time it crashes I’ll do the above steps, however it makes no sense to take 5-10 minutes out of flow to submit a crash report.

1 Like

Hello @garretthoyos! I would love to have an easier method for data collection when an error in Omniverse occurs. I created a Feature Request ticket for the developers to review (Internal Ticket OM-37310). Thank you for the request.

2 Likes