Availability of RTX 3090 cards for AI developers and researchers

The RTX 3090 cards was released over 4 months ago and I’ve been unable to order such cards through Nvidia.com or BestBuy.com. I would like to buy two to train more sophisticated models which my RTX 2060 and GTX 1080 cards and Jetson AGX Xavier and Nano development boards won’t let me.

As an NVidia developer it pains me to see that NVidia and their authorized resellers have already sold over 50,000 RTX 30xx cards to scalpers, while many developers/researchers who are not willing to pay jacked-up prices, forfeit the product warranty, and possibly get scammed on e-Bay, have to sit on the sidelines. It feels like waiting for Godot.

Please let me know if you feel the same way. Or if you have more information about where and when I will be able to purchase two RTX 3090 cards, preferably the Founder’s Edition.

Thanks !

I’m not sure what you are hoping to accomplish here. Are you looking to commiserate over lack of hardware?

Get an answer to where and when developers will be able to purchase NVidia RTX 3090 cards ?

No. I’m commiserating over the lack of priority/opportunity for NVidia developers to buy NVidia’s newest products. And the lack of communication.