AX200 doesn't work with Jetpack4.6 on AGX

Hi,
I have AX200 running well on AGX with Jetpack4.5(kernel version 4.9.201), after I upgraded to Jetpack4.6(kernel version 4.9.253), AX200 driver install looks succeed but wifi doesn’t work.
here is the procedure to install the AX200 driver:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:canonical-hwe-team/backport-iwlwifi
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install backport-iwlwifi-dkms

$$ sudo modprobe iwlwifi

it works well with Jetpack4.5, but on 4.6, when I install backport-iwlwifi-dkms, the message shows: “module build for kernel 4.9.253-rt168-tegra was skipped since the headers for this kernel does not seems to be installed”.
Is there anybody have the similar issue? any hints are appreciated, thanks.
Willian

Just curious. What is your result of “uname -r” comand?

Thanks for your kindly intention. the result is “4.9.253-tegra”.
Today I found the root cause, the link of “build” is wrong in my module directory(“/lib/modules/4.0.253-tegra”), it should link to “/usr/src/linux-header-4.9.253/kernel-4.9”, but in the concurrent situation the link to one null dir which is on my host pc (I compile and flash the AGX with that PC). after set the right link, AX200 installed successfully.
Please close this topic, thanks.
Willian

could you clarify how you set your build link correctly?
My /usr/src/ only contains a folder for linux-headers-4.15.0-159, no linux header folder for 4.9.253 even though that is my kernel version

Hi sorry for the late reply. under /lib/modules/4.9.253-tegra directory, there is a virtual directory named “build”, should link to /usr/src/linux-header-4.9.253/kernel-4.9; you can use cli command “ln -s /usr/src/linux-header-4.9.253/kernel-4.9 build” (please use your own dir name), then it works. hope this can help.
Willian

That worked. Thank you for the reply.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.