Baremetal support for OpenCL with P6

Hi all,
I have a client who are testing out Tesla P6 GPU in baremetal. I’m not 100% sure on the licensing requirement for this configuration as I have only seen P6 used in typical vGPU deployments where the GPU is deployed to several VMs using profiles.
The client are seeing errors when running OpenCL apps so I wonder if they require some kind of licensing as I know the old gpumodeswitch from the Maxwell days is now redundant and the mode is defined by software - and licensing?
Thanks

Hi,

In general you need a GRID license no matter if you run vGPU or baremetal with P6. If you want to run only compute jobs with this Tesla board there is a driver setting for Tesla unlicensed with some restrictions for graphics (resolution, number of monitors).

regards

Simon

Thanks Simon.
Is there any specific documentation that I can point my client to on this matter which details the requirement for GRID even in bare metal configurations?. I’ve been trying to push them toward GRID for their 1:1 due to the Quadro support but haven’t had much luck in persuading them

Hi,

see our support matrix:

You will find P6 and baremetal. P6 is a specific board built for GRID…

Regards

Simon